Hi! I’m participating in NaNoWriMo 2009, that’s National Novel Writing Month. And here is where I’m laying out my plan and logging my journal for the month’s activities. If you want to see how it’s going for me, check back here from time to time.
This meter comes from Writertopia.com, where writers can find useful stuff to distract and entertain themselves, keeping the writing fires burning.
To get to the finish line successfully, I need to write 1666.67 words daily. This is not so difficult in an of itself. But, when you add on the need for ideas of what to write, the daily goal gets a little sketchy. To give you the fuller picture of my situation: I thought of characters. I basically interviewed them to learn about their lives. It got pretty detailed and the characters were quite round.
Then after a couple of days, and no solid story line the question came up: Who are these characters and why are they present in my notes? Not at all a good sign 5 days before lift-off, right? That’s what I thought.
But, no matter. I’m committed and ready to get to it. I’ve decided to record my adventures through this giant group writing project. The first entry is posted already because I shocked myself and had to write it up. Let’s see if I can keep this going throughout the month. I’m guessing the posts won’t be long, maybe just letting you know I’m screaming and freaking and panicking, or thrilled by my progress.
If you’re participating in NaNoWriMo too, you can connect with me on that site. My buddy information is connected in the sidebar.
Check out my log posts and tell me what’s up with you, or give me tips about different things I might attempt.
- My Pre-NaNoWriMo Activities, 10.27.9 – Get ready! Posted over at The Word ‘Mage Blog
- What’s Up for November, 10.28.9 – Get ready!
- More Tools to Track Your Writing Progress,10.29.9 – Get ready!
- NaNoWriMo: My First Day,11.1.2009 – And, we’re off!!
- NaNoWriMo: Day 3, 11.3.2009
- Listen to The Rhythm, 11.4.2009
- Benefits of Brainstorming, 11.13.2009
- Facing November Week Four, 11.23.2009
- November Activity Results, 12.2.2009